- 1 Mineral rose desert
- 2 Physical Properties of the mineral Desert Rose.
- 3 Physical characteristics of the Desert Rose stone.
- 4 Origin and formation of the Desert Rose.
- 5 Main sites of the Desert Rose.
- 6 Utilities of the Desert Rose.
- 7 Spiritual and healing properties of the Desert Rose.
- 8 Cleaning the Desert Rose.
Mineral rose desert
This type of mineral receives a colloquial name ( Desert Rose Mineral ) and this is given due to the formations of gypsum or barite crystals where grains of sand are included in abundance. Gypsum is an evaporite, which means that the crystals of this stone form during the evaporation of water.
The shapes of these crystals are generally as flat plates or prisms that can grow up to a meter, in this case the crystals appear in rosette-shaped aggregates. The chemical formula of Desert Rose is: CaSO 4 .2H 2 O.
The name of this stone comes from the Greek “gypsos”, which means burned mineral. As its name implies it is a stone that forms in deserts, it is a dendritic sedimentary rock, which has flower-shaped crystals, is very soft and has a dark sand color.
Physical Properties of the mineral Desert Rose.
- Group : sulfates.
- Composition : case 4 · 2h 2 o.
- Color : various shades, gray, white, beige, colorless.
- Crystal system: monoclinic.
- Crystalline habit : prismatic to tabulate.
- Hardness : 1.5 – 2 (Mohs).
- Brightness : resinous, glassy and pearly.
- Raya : blanca.
- Transparency : transparent to translucent.
- Specific weight : 4.5.
- Refractive index : 1.63 – 1.65.
Physical characteristics of the Desert Rose stone.
They are formed in large clusters composed of small rosette crystals, of a sand and brown color. For the formation of this mineral to be achieved, it must be in an arid environment, with a source of calcium sulfate and a seasonal fluctuation of water.
The geological time of formation of the Desert Rose is very fast, since they form in dozens and even hundreds of years, which is why it is its great abundance in the world.
Its habit occurs when crystals are formed in arid sand conditions, such as evaporation from a shallow saline basin. These crystals usually form a circular set of flat plates, giving this stone a flower-like (pink) shape. The edges of these stones are usually sharp and more defined. They are found as a single flower or as flower clusters, with variable sizes ranging from the size of a pea to 10 centimeters in diameter.
In superficial regions compact amber balls with thin interspersed crystals and small leaves pointing from the nucleus or large transparent amber leaves protruding from the nucleus can be found.
While in deep layers, the crystals are larger, distinctive, and blocked, the colors in which they are displayed may be colorless or yellow.
In these forms the large leaves may contain clay or some included rock. It should be noted that all the crystals are phosphorescent and fluorescent and present a pale white under ultraviolet light.
Origin and formation of the Desert Rose.
The origin of this mineral is sedimentary, it forms in an evaporitic environment connecting with clay and calcareous rocks and in evaporite deposits associated with ancient lakes and seas. In gypsum seams of volcanic areas they are also formed, since the action of sulfuric acid vapors reacts with the limestone layers.
For this mineral to form, two conditions are necessary, an arid climate and a deep evaporative deposit. In these deposits the meteoric and phreatic waters reach the gypsum, originating calcium sulfate. Calcium sulfate tends to rise to the surface through a physical phenomenon called capillarity. When it reaches a certain level, it begins to evaporate, crystallizing the plaster it contains. The wind, with its excavating action on the sands, will bring the mineral deposit to the surface.
Main sites of the Desert Rose.
The main deposits of the Rosa del Desierto are found in Algeria (Sahara desert), Spain (Canary Islands, Fuerteventura, Catalonia, Canet del Mar, Cuenca and La Almarcha), United States (Arizona and Cochise), Chile (Atamaca desert , Mexico (Juárez, Chihuahua and in the Samalayuca desert), Tunisia, Australia and Namibia.
Utilities of the Desert Rose.
- As we have already explained, gypsum is the main component of this mineral, which is used as a construction material.
- There is a variety of this mineral that is alabaster and is widely used for sculptures, while the variety of selenite is highly appreciated by mineral collectors. This mineral is also used for decorative purposes.
- In some industries it is used as a component of enamels, paint and glass.
- In the spiritual realm it is widely used as a talisman and purifier.
- It overcomes nervous and mental illnesses, it also counteracts stress.
- Get rid of negativity and resentment.
- It helps to overcome envy and jealousy.
- It awakens in the individual the gift of creativity.
- Helps to overcome shyness and inferiority complexes.
- It prevents problems associated with the reproductive and urinary system and the kidneys.
- It helps to solve the problems that prevent us from relating to others.
- Helps mitigate pain and infection caused by kidney and gallbladder stones.
- It helps to overcome mental or psychological problems, especially neurosis and depression.
- Overcome pessimistic thoughts.
- Relieves chronic psychological and mental illnesses.
- Relieves pain that occurs in the extremities of the body due to arthritis, osteoarthritis or poor circulation.
- It increases the power of concentration in an individual, in addition to helping to achieve physical, mental and spiritual balance.
- It helps to eliminate fears, anguishes, fears and anxieties.
- It enhances mental balance, intelligence and memory.
- Eliminate depression and sadness in an individual.
- It helps in diseases related to the digestive system.
- It is an excellent meditation stone, which will guide you to connect with your higher self and reach a deep state of meditation.
- Strongly activates the third eye, helping to attract clairvoyant gifts to the front. In the same way, natural intuition will be strengthened thanks to its energies.
- The Desert Rose improves psychic abilities.
- Dreams and memories of past lives are better. It also raises the vibrations to be able to experience white light and work with guardian angels.
- Helps cleanse and open the upper chakras, in addition to restoring the lost balance.
- This stone can shape your character, in addition to making you grow and improve as a person.
- If there is any kind of stagnation in your life, this stone will eliminate it completely.
- This mineral helps an individual to embrace all the possibilities and potentials of life.
- Each Desert Rose stone is said to be unique and contains a spiritual guardian, which is why it is considered a powerful amulet of protection.
- Your self-esteem and self-confidence will increase if you trust this stone enormously.
- The energies of the Desert Rose will strengthen your confidence by giving you many opportunities to demonstrate what you can do.
- The healing energies of this mineral help treat unhealthy addictions, highlighting your subconscious thought patterns that lead you to pampering.
- The crystals of this mineral are grouped in the form of petals, for this reason its name is attributed to a rose.
- The tires of off-road vehicles traveling through the desert can be cut thanks to a thorny part that has the edges of the crystals of this mineral.
- There are two legends around the Desert Rose and these are:
Spiritual and healing properties of the Desert Rose.
Benefits of the Desert Rose.
Fun facts about the Desert Rose.
The Desert Rose was discovered a long time ago by an explorer, who thought it was a very beautiful and strange mineral, so he decided to study it, after leaving the desert, he was very weak and was taken to the hospital. Three days later, a young man who took an interest in the mineral conducted an interview, where the explorer named him all the characteristics of the Desert Rose.
When the young man finished, he said goodbye and said that he really wanted to be like him when he was his age. Both have already died, but before he told this legend to his son, so that he would tell it to his son and so on, and so far no more has been known about the Desert Rose.
The other legend tells that there was a knight who was hopelessly in love with a beautiful princess, his love was so desperate and strong that he could not bear the distance of his beloved, and this pain made his heart explode, and when the drops of blood touched the sand became Desert Roses.
Cleaning the Desert Rose.
The peculiar shape of this stone makes cleaning a bit difficult. No water should be used to clean this stone, one option is to use a can of compressed air spray, so that this air blows the dust trapped between the petals of the stone.